As a family owned and operated company for more than 60 years, Shawmut has strong ties to the community and the environment. We believe it is our responsibility to give back through volunteerism, philanthropy and environmentally responsible business practices. We rally around causes that are important to our employees and support organizations that make an impact in our communities.
Organizations We Support
Environmental Commitment & Sustainability
At Shawmut, sustainability is everyone’s responsibility because our goal is to leave the world better than we found it. We invest in sustainable manufacturing and continuously look for new ways to reduce our impact. We reduce, repurpose and recycle paper, ink, printing plates, scrap metal, corrugated cardboard, and more.
Our environmental sustainability programs include:
- SGP Certification
- FSC Certification
- Use of thermal direct non-process plates which eliminates many chemicals
- Eco-friendly press room products, such as vegetable-based inks
- G-7 color certification reducing paper and ink waste in the printing process
- $500 energy smart bonuses for employees
- Use of T5 lighting which uses less energy than conventional bulbs
- Recycling bins in every office and workstation
- Donation of unused paper to schools throughout the north shore